Skip to main content

Nut Ice Cream (Raw, Vegan, Sugar-free)


Who doesn’t love ice cream? With this recipe by Executive Chef Ken Blue at Hippocrates Health Institute you can experience not only one of the best vegan ice creams, but one free from added sugar! This recipe is a great option for those wanting to maintain healthy blood sugar levels while still enjoying a stellar dessert.



3 quarts nut milk (made from equal parts walnuts & pine nuts)

To make nut milk for ice cream:
Soak nuts overnight & rinse (discard water)
Blend 2 cups walnuts & 2 cups water
Squeeze through sprout bag
Blend 2 cups pine nuts & 2 cups water
Squeeze through sprout bag
Alternate this process between walnuts and pine nuts until there is 3 quarts of nut milk (nut “cream”)
Add to nut milk:
4 oz vanilla flavor (alcohol free)
4 T cinnamon
1 oz Frontier maple flavor
2 capfuls stevia (to adjust sweetness, add either more vanilla or stevia)

Lastly, follow the directions on your ice cream maker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...