Skip to main content

515 Chemicals Women Daily Put on Their Bodies


This infographic (published by Mind Body Green) on chemicals in beauty products takes 'Cosmetics Dirty Dozen' to a whole new level.


When I first got sick so many years ago, from my reading I became aware that not only foods that I put in my body were starkly affecting my health but the air I breathed was also a factor and what was absorbed through my skin was another huge factor. The skin is the largest "organ" of the human body. It keeps our blood and plasma within us; it acts as a barrier to eliminate contamination from our surroundings, but when we intentionally put chemicals on our skin (for the sake of beauty or health) we are (unwittingly perhaps) contaminating the barrier, which is permeable, and exposing ourselves directly to toxins that would only indirectly hurt us if they weren't in such direct contact.

Toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, perfume, things we never consider to be bad for our health need to be reconsidered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Passing Gas