Skip to main content

Sour Apple Salsa (raw)

3 cups diced sour apples
3+ T. fresh squeezed lime juice
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
3 T. chopped cilantro
1/2 - 2//3 t. cumin
1/3 t. sea salt
Dice apples and toss immediately with lime juice. Mix in other ingredients. Serve just made or allow to marinate a few hours to heighten flavor.

chopping and adding the ingredients
serves nicely with gluten-free black bean chips

3 fresh salsa: sour apple salsa, cucumber-onion-garlic-lemon salsa, and parsley-tomato salsa

all of the salsas serve well with hummus and chips too
SPLENDID!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Bittermelon Okinawan Style

 According to my health-conscious Philippina friend, bittermelon is very nutrition, especially for women as it's iron-rich. Well, what female doesn't need bittermelon ... but a word of caution for the unsuspecting, the vegie ... is ... very ... bitter. I actually like it, but I'm not going to eat it like I would a cucumber, although it goes very nicely raw mixed equally with cucumber. In that kind of salad, I grate the bittermelon and cut the cucumber in thin rings. With some cherry tomatoes or a little lemon juice and salt, it's quite the nice salad.   This recipe I bumped into online and just wanted to try it. I prefer not to cook my vegies if I can help it, but hey, an experiment today ["today" being a month ago].   Bittermelon with Egg and Onions   Bittermelon with egg and onions, also called goya chanpuru in Japanese, and it is an Okinawan delicacy. I was telling my Philippina friend about it because she introduced me to this exotic healthy "treat...

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...