Skip to main content

Salmon Pie and Vegie Pie

At Aldi's my mom and I, as always, were zealously reading labels and we found gold, well, we found pink salmon that is labeled as "wild" and has only two ingredients -- pink salmon and salt. We bought some! I was thinking of making another vegetable quiche pie, but why not have a salmon pie? Here are the recipes I used previously. They're pretty much the same.
 



Hahaha, I'm so happy! A special treat!





 Making the Salmon Pie
 




Ah, leftovers the next day! The treat continues!
 
Making the Vegie Pie


Like fresh dill is the secret ingredient for salmon pie,
the secret ingredient for the vegie pie is fresh basil - yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...