Skip to main content

Breakfast Egg Soufflé

My cousin raises his own free range chickens and is ultra careful about what kind of feed he gives them, so I'm more relaxed about eating eggs when I can have his! This recipe made with 6 eggs made 4 soufflés, the other one not pictured, and the secret for making this so light and fluffy was by using the blender. I just put the eggs, garlic and a large chunked-up onion in the blender and whizzed them really good. Then I added all the remaining ingredients and just lightly buzzed them, keeping the dill as whole, and therefore, as colorful as possible. After baking the soufflé cups in sprayed/lightly oiled dishes for 20 minutes at 350F, garnish with fresh dill and serve hot.


Breakfast Egg Soufflé

6 large eggs
1 large onion, chunked
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt
several stems of fresh dill
[Made in the 2012 summer when I had access to real bona fide free-range eggs. However, eggs, even free-range, are made of meat proteins which take more enzymes to digest than plant proteins. The human body is not designed to digest such heavy proteins and the body processes are slowed. Now that I've become 80% raw and have virtually quit all eggs and meat, I can recognize the difference on days when I eat an egg omelet or even when I eat too many cooked foods. My body in both instances feels heavy. And then after a meal of lots of vegies, particularly uncooked ones, my muscles feel supple and my joints move like they're well-oiled. I r-e-a-l-l-y like the new and improved me!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...