Skip to main content

Avocado and Sunflower-seed Dips (raw)


Back in the day when I was juicing a lot, I had a lot of leftover veggie pulp. The juice I would drink early in the morning on an empty stomach, wow it went down well, and a couple of hours later I would put real food in my body. The veggie liquid not only hydrated my body but also filled it with nutrients. My digestion was so bad in the early days of candida, but I found this method worked for "feeding" myself. Wow, it took time!

So these are veggie pulp crackers. I added some minced garlic and herb seasonings to the pulp and put them in my dehydrator. Really tasty!



An avocado dip with 2 avocados, lemon juice and a touch of zest, salt and pepper. 
Since I blended this instead of mashed it, I probably added a bit of zucchini to give it a bit of moisture for blending but not to dilute the dip itself. 
Dehydrated tomato flakes and walnuts for garnish.


Sunflower seed dip.
Sunflower seeds soaked in a little water for 3-4 hours, zucchini pieces to give it body and help with the blending, olive oil, salt and pepper. A touch of cumin and garlic compliments the Mediterranean flavors of the avocado dip.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...