Skip to main content

Almond-Butter Cookie Bars

It's been nearly seven years since I got sick, and wow, during that time I've had so very few sweets. Well, today saw a recipe for some almond butter cookies that sure did look good. Tweaked a few of the ingredients and I think I've found a rare treat to enjoy. And yes, today am trying dates for the first time. Probably I won't have any reaction but I don't want to push it. Slow and steady. But yes, a TREAT!
Almond Butter Cookie Bars 
(mix wet ingredients in very hot water)
11-12 medjool dates soaked in 2/3 c very hot water
5 T coconut oil
2/3 c almost butter 
(add after the above is mixed and blended or mashed smooth)
1 t vanilla
2 T fresh ginger, minced 
(mix dry ingredients)
1 c quinoa flour
3 T almond flour
1/2 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon powder
a dusting of nutmeg
salt to taste
Blend all of the ingredients together until the mixture is a cross between a dough and a batter. Mine was a little runny so I decided to make cookie bars instead of cookies. Pour the mixture in a coconut oil greased pan and pop everything in a 350 F preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Whip out and try not to gorge! The cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg with the coconut oil and peanut butter is very nice :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Passing Gas