Skip to main content

Iodine Protocol

Iodine deficiency is a widespread problem in the US, and I grew up in the "goiter belt" which includes Michigan as Michigan along with a large swath of territory does not have iodine in the soil. As a result, the lack of iodine in this area makes locals particularly prone to getting goiters, a result of thyroid nutrition deficiency. And especially since I've had Graves Disease, I'm particularly susceptible to iodine insufficiency even now with the disease in "remission". So here's an alternative and natural treatment to help keep more thyroid problems at bay.


TEST

Apply two (2) drops of tinctured Thy-Well (brand used at Hippocrates Health Institute) iodine to the inside of the upper arm. After 24 hours, if the spot is no longer visible (or even if only slightly visible), it is an indication that the body is iodine deficient.

TREATMENT

Mix four (4) drops of castor oil and one (1) drop of non-tinctured iodine in the palm of your hand and apply to thyroid (mid-line of the neck) each night for ten (10) days then retest on upper arm.

If gone in 24 hours or still slightly visible, in addition to the application to the thyroid, start drinking one (1) drop of iodine in 4-8-oz of water three (3) times a day. (Do not use metal utensils to stir.) Do these treatments for ten (10) days, then retest again.

Iodine Supplements: The Three Best Kinds to Use offers more info on the practical use, purpose and efficacy of the treatment.

It needs to be said that some people have very acute reactions to iodine. Just an FYI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...