Skip to main content

Bottled Water - SamDaSoo, Seoksu, Kirkland

After an extended vacation outside of Korea, I came back and didn't have any filtered water in my house to drink, so went to the supermarket and bought a couple of bottles, the brand Seoksu, since the "best" brand in Korea SamDaSoo wasn't available that day. Earlier in the year I had reacted to the water, with numbness in the head and arms, but I needed just a couple of bottles till I could get to a filter or get to Costco for the imported Kirkland brand, which doesn't bother me.

Well, I drank one glass of the Seoksu bottled water and my feet felt weird within seconds. I looked down and within five minutes my ankles had swollen. Needless to say, I didn't drink much of that water till I could get to the office filter the next day, but by the second glass my ankles were very swollen! That water must have had an instantaneous, and very scary, effect on my kidneys to get that kind of reaction. Thank goodness that within a few hours of drinking the filtered water, my ankles returned to normal.

So, using a couple of different water-testing spa kits, I thought I'd test the water of the two bottled waters, Seoksu and SamDaSoo (which also bothers me), just to "know" a bit more about them, I also tested straight Bragg's organic raw apple cider vinegar plus some pau d'arco made with Kirkland water and slow-cooked in the crockpot for a few hours. The raw apple cider vinegar is acidic, of course, but it supposed to have an alkalinizing effect on the body (like lemons and limes, according to the research) and the pau d'arco is a bark that is anti-fungal and who knows if it would interact and change the pH and other things of the water that was used to make it. TI should have tested the Costco Kirkland water without making it into a tea, but wasn't thinking. Ah well. The test is only for alkaline and acidity and doesn't find other minerals aspects or contaminants so it would only have been for very basic info.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...