Skip to main content

More Salads, Salads, Salads

Raw vegetables and fruits are enzyme-rich, aiding the body in digestion, metabolism and helping to produce energy. Here are several enzyme-rich salads. I tend to use one kind of salad dressing - a mixture of half fresh squeezed lemon juice, half olive oil, and then tons of minced garlic added, and Himalayan salt. I might mix in fresh herbs like dill, basil or parsley but that is only when they are available.

raw cauliflower and broccoli processed in food processor, radish slices, and my dressing
baby bok choy, cherry tomatoes, topped with the garlicky dregs of my jar of dressing

my kind of Waldorf Salad - baby bok choy, celery, cabbage, walnuts, and my dressing

quinoa tabuli salad

 

lightly steamed vegies cut up with a knife and topped with my dressing
(yes, it's a bit of carrot ... once in an age I eat a teeny bit)


Asian cabbage, celery, green apples, parsley, cilantro, and a large chunk of ginger minced,
topped with hemp seeds, and my dressing

Red cabbage, cilantro, young green onions, soaked sunflower seeds, ginger, garlic,
and dressing (olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt)
cucumbers, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and lemon pulp with heavy garlic sauce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...