Skip to main content

Quick Salmon Casserole w/ free-range eggs

Incredibly easy to make with a can of Aldi's wild salmon (ingredients: wild salmon and salt) and three free-range eggs. (BTW, my cousin keeps our house supplied with his free-range eggs. We know the large area they roam around in and what feed he gives them, so we feel somewhat comfortable about eating those eggs. The free-range eggs in the store are a big question, first about their possibly dead-animal parts feed or because yes, the chickens might be able to go outside and roam, but if the chicks were raised inside and learned to fear the outside, then no matter if the door is opened, they will not go out. And laying chickens that have this "freedom" to go out even though they don't, their eggs are called .... free range eggs. Legal SEMANTICS!)

Quick Salmon Casserole

1 can wild salmon
3-4 ribs celery, chopped
2 medium onions, one chopped
3-4 eggs
garlic cloves or garlic powder
fresh dillweed
sea salt / Himalayan salt

First, open the can of wild salmon and drain. Then dump it in a serving bowl. Chop in the celery ribs and one of the onions. Transfer the mixture to a glass casserole dish. Then, in the blender put the eggs, the remaining onion in chunks, the garlic and the salt. Blend about 30 seconds until the eggs and onion make a froth. Add in the fresh dillweed and pulse the mixture once or twice to break up the dillweed but leave it in lovely green pieces floating throughout.


Pour the egg and onion froth evenly over the prepared salmon and vegies. Bake the casserole on 320F for 50 minutes. Baking at a higher temperature will make the eggs hard. This casserole should come out light, fluffy and very tasty.

The finished product just waiting to be eaten!


Hmm, guess I didn't take a picture of the steamed kale even though I'm drinking the leftover kale juice, supposedly where the most vitamins are after cooking.


Light, fluffy and very delicious! This was even better than salmon pie, which I've usually baked at a higher temperature. Must remember ... the lower temp is the key to a fluffier egg dish.


[This recipe was made in the 2012 summer. Since I have almost completely eliminated fish from my diet as I don't think fish, with its heavy metals and bacteria, are benefiting my body still ridden with some kind of candida bacteria. I should have come to this conclusion long ago.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...