Skip to main content

Egg Foo Young Wraps

My younger bro loves egg omelets so thought I'd treat him to one of his favorite versions, Egg Foo Young, and make me a more candida-friendly version. Lucky us, because our cousin delivers every so often his wonderful farm-raised eggs! We know what those chickens ate (no meat-waste and such in the feed!) and that they are truly free-range. Many "free-range" chickens have been impressed as chicks not to venture out of the coop, so when they are more mature, they won't venture out ... and thus in places where the doors of their containment centers are opened, but of course the impressed chickens don't venture out, those eggs can 'honestly' be labeled as "free range". Humph!
 
Anyway, I kind of put together a foo young sauce for me but this is one time when I wish I could add soy sauce. It just isn't the same without it.
 
Omelets (makes 2)
 
4 eggs
garlic powder
Italian seasonings
sea salt
 
Egg Foo Young Sauce
 
3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
1 large chunk ginger, minced
3 stems bok choy, sliced on a angle
1 wedge cabbage, thinly sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 baby carrot, sliced very thinly (for color)
4 pea pods, sliced very thinly (for color)
garlic powder (optional)*
thyme powder
rosemary powder
sea salt
 
 
 



Oops, the omelets were a bit overstuffed ... not so attractive but tasty enough.
(Asian food really needs soy sauce.)
This is the non-candida version I made for my family. They said it was very tasty, and my bro was
more than delighted to pack the two extra ones for his lunch boxes for the next two days. That's quite the compliment.
My candida-friendly version VS the non-candida friendly
My Egg Foo Young Wrap was so overstuffed it fell to bits. Tasted OK though.
My bro's Egg Foo Young Wrap ... and his starchy corn.


[This recpe was also made in 2012 summer and written up shortly after returning to Korea. Since, I have virtually quit eggs and meat (fish), I feel a great lightness after my meals ... and it's an exhilariting experience to compare the BEFORE and the NOW!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...