Skip to main content

Cod, Baked Squash ... and more

This supper was principally baked with the exception of the salad, hidden somewhere beyond the camera. The menu was baked yellow squash, spaghetti squash, vegan burgers and ... yes, baked cod! I hadn't eaten cod in years, so this was a very special treat.
 
Baked yellow squash with rosemary and thyme and sea salt sprinkled on top.
Baking sure beats frying, something I dislike doing, especially individual vegetables
baked squash close-up
In a hurry, so we whipped some vegan garden burgers out of the freezer
and baked them as if they were grillers!
the vegan "grillers" close-up
cod baked on lemon slices, onion rings with thyme and rosemary sprinkled on top
This was a hit with me!!!
 
[Looking back at my pictures on my 2012 summer made me realize how much I was cooking my food instead of eating 50% or more raw. Also, how much fish and eggs I was including in my meal. Important realization. A clear example of the use and importance of Visual Anthropology!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Passing Gas