Skip to main content

Cinnamon-Ginseng Cooler

Cinnamon is an anti-fungal and supposedly helps with the elimination of candida. Ginseng boosts the immune system, but in the Asian culture, ginseng is used for some people and not for others, reflecting its yin-yang characteristics. Supposedly I am a yang, which doesn't say that I am masculine, but references my strong active characteristics and internal system. People with yang shouldn't be further stimulated, but we'll see if ginseng helps in any way with candida. Maybe it has neutral effect for that, at least that's my guess. Anyway, I wanted a cool drink this past summer so brewed me a batch of tea to refrigerate. It turned out nicely! This one could go either way, as a refreshing summer cooler or as a warmer for the winter. Asian medicine would only refer to this as a warmer because it stimulates the blood.

Cinnamon-Ginseng Cooler

1 12" stick of cinnamon
1 medium ginseng root
2-3 star anise
12 cloves
1 1/2 liters water

Let slow cook in the crockpot for 8-10 hours. Then bottle up the tea and refrigerate. Sip on hot days. It's a great substitute for lemonade, but a caution about drinking too much of this. Cinnamon is hard on the stomach lining, so moderation is needed and certainly not every day. I'll make a crockpot of this stuff about once a month and serve it hot or cold, depending on the weather.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing Gas

Sprouted Lentil Crackers

For 6 days after soaking a 1/2 cup of lentils overnight I allowed them to sprout in a plastic collander covered lightly by a silk-like cloth.  At least twice a day I rinsed the lentils (it's winter so I don't need to rinse them so often to keep them fresh). Because my apartment is cool and my pantry with large slightly opened window where I sprout cooler, it took longer than usual for the lentils to sprout and grow, but I didn't need to worry so much about e.coli forming, which is more likely to happen in hotter weather.  So after 6 days when the sprouts were growing into a tangle, I found some time to finally make some crackers. Long ago I made some  lentil crackers , which turned out really good, so since I was planning a weekend train trip, I thought some crackers for nibbling on the train or when hiking would be nice. And, yup, they were pretty tasty ... although I have to admit, the lentil crackers I ma...

Reaction to Electric Space Heater

This morning—thankfully it’s the weekend—had some difficulty waking up. Just felt really tired. When I finally got up and looked into the mirror, wow, surprise! My eyes, especially my right eye was very swollen. I knew immediately what happened as this had happened a couple of years before I got systemic candida. swollen eyelid again ... a space heater reaction At that time, I didn’t have floor heat in my one-room so used a space heater. Then one day when I woke up, both of my eyes had almost swollen shut. I was so ashamed to go anywhere, but did go to the store immediately and bought a long duck-billed baseball cap and wore it low for three days as I waited for the swelling to go down. I also went immediately to the hospital to consult with docs about what the hey was happening. Allergy testing was recommended because I had cats and the docs all thought it was them. Nope, I would have reacted long ago or at least had some hint, but I did test for cats, mold and a couple oth...